Nature art offers a truly unique look for any wall of a home or office. Bring a little bit of the outdoors inside with a few basic materials and just a couple of hours of your time. Mix and match colors, canvas size and leaf design. Here’s how it’s done:
What you need:
Base acrylic paint and paintbrush
Gold, silver or platinum spray paint
1) Choose the color of acrylic base paint you want and brush it onto the prepared canvas in an even coat. Acrylic is fast drying, but make sure it is completely dry before doing step 2.
2) Lay the leaf pattern onto the canvas. Make sure you have it setting the exact way you want it to look as a finished product on the canvas.
3) Spray over the canvas and leaf pattern until there is an even coat. You want to make sure none of the background color bleeds through onto the surface. Spray a second coat if needed.
4) Remove the leaf pattern and discard. There should be a transfer of the exact pattern left in the background color. Set it aside and let it dry.
5) Find the perfect spot and hang your finished nature art!