Homemade soaps have been around practically since man has been around, but the luxury of them has changed. Today when a person either makes or orders homemade soaps, it is considered a luxury item due to the fact of the ingredients used to make it, and you simply cannot go to your store and pick it up. If you make soaps, then you may want to know what some of the most decorative and therapeutic flowers and herbs are when it comes to soap making.
• Calendula petals will add an extremely pleasant aroma to your handmade soap as well as offer a pretty yellow tint.
• Chamomile flowers provide a relaxing scent as well as healing properties.
• The eucalyptus leaf is an amazing leaf to use in your soap. This leaf can be used either ground up or sliced.
• Lavender adds both texture and scent to any soap. It also naturally adds a bluish-gray color.
• Basil is used for decoration as well as sent.
• Borage should be added if you or anyone you know would benefit from anti-inflammatory soap.
• Chamomile is used when you want to create soap has soothing, calming and healing properties. It is also wonderful for dry or sensitive skin and to relieve acne and dermatitis.