Reuse old Tins. Perfect for storage or gifting.
Everyone seems to have a selection of old tins from long ago Christmas get togethers and parties. These can easily be recycled into tins you can use today. A little hobby paint and paper decoration will breathe new life into these old critters.
What You Need:
A selection of old tins with lids
Clear coat spray
Stencils and craft paper
What You Do:
1) Decide on a decorative theme. Trace out the shapes you’ll want on the craft paper and cut them out using the scissors. Set them aside.
2) Remove the lids from the tins and paint the outside surface of the tin and lid using the hobby paint and paint brush. Let your creativity be your guide as far as color schemes and mixtures. Set them aside to completely dry.
3) Glue the paper decorations on the tins and let them dry.
4) Spray a layer of clear coat on the surface. Let this dry.
5) Fill with whatever you want and place them in areas they can be seen. Bookshelves, office shelves, countertops or wherever they will get noticed. Now that they are pretty, there’s no need to toss them back in the closet!