mothers day craft for kids handprint canvases
Here’s the perfect craft project for kids to gift mom with on Mother’s Day. A handprint canvas that displays the child’s name and age is something that she’ll be proud to display for years. It’s inexpensive and fun for all ages.
What You Need:
8” X 10” prepared canvas (1 per child)
Colorful wallpaper samples
Small white paper hearts (These will be the name tags)
What You Do:
1) Have the child pick out which wallpaper sample they want to use. Turn it over and trace out their hand using the pencil.
2) Cut out the hand print.
3) Apply glue evenly over the back of the handprint cut-out and place it centered on the canvas.
4) Print out a sheet of small heart shapes on white copy paper. You can also draw them by hand or use stencils. They need to be no wider than about 1 ½-inches.
5) Cut out the heart shapes.
6) Use a different colored marker for each child. Write the first name of the child and the age at the time of the handprint.
7) Glue the heart to the lower portion of the handprint and let it dry.
8) Surprise mom with the finished gift!