Magic Carpet Cleaner 😉 Baking soda, vinegar, dishwashing liquid & warm water!
No matter what color scheme you go with, carpet gets dirty and will need cleaned at some point. This is especially true in high traffic areas. Store-bought cleaners can be expensive and not always work the best. Here are a few non-toxic ingredients that you can use to make a great cleaner that works every time.
What You Need:
1 Gallon of warm water
2 tbsp. dish washing liquid
½-cup baking soda
1/2-cup white vinegar
What You Do:
1) Mix all ingredients into a 2-gallon bucket.
2) Use a sponge to dab the mixture onto areas that are stained and allow it sit a few minutes.
3) Place some of the mixture into a carpet cleaner and go over areas of about 5’ X 5’.
4) Once you have removed all signs of dirt, refill the carpet cleaner with clear warm water and go over the carpeting.
5) Open windows and place box fans in areas to create airflow to dry the carpet.
Any remaining stains can be removed by using a cloth and the cleaning mixture. Some spots might take a bit of elbow grease, but the cleaner won’t hurt the carpet and it will leave it smelling fresh and looking clean.