How to make an upholstered headboard. It’s super easy.
An upholstered headboard can really add style to any bedroom. The cost of them can be tremendous. It’s really not that difficult to make one yourself. You can happy knowing that it’s the exact colors and dimensions you want and need.
What You Need:
1 sheet of ½-inch plywood
3 lengths of 1X4 the length of the headboard desired.
1.5-inch wood screws
Cotton batting for cushion
Desired material in quantity to cover the plywood when finished.
Staple gun and staples.
2 Heavy-duty wall hanger assemblies.
What You Do:
1) Measure off, mark and cut a piece of plywood that is 4-foot long and 3-foot tall for a full-size bed headboard. Adjust size according to bed size.
2) Cut 3 pieces of 1 X 4 to a length of 4-foot and screw them down onto the back of the plywood. One at the top, one centered and one at the bottom.
3) Measure and cut the cotton batting to fit over the front of the plywood and enough overlap top, bottom and sides to staple it to the back of the plywood.
4) Measure and cut the desired material to cover the front of the plywood with enough overlap to staple it to the back.
5) Attach the heavy duty wall hangers to the wall and back top sides of the headboard.
6) Hang the headboard and enjoy!