DIY Mason jar cupcakes! this is SO CUTE!
Gifting loved ones with sweets on the holidays is a great idea, but gift bags seem so old-school. Create a stir by making their very own cupcake mason jar treat canister. They are inexpensive and amazingly easy to make. They’ll never grow tired of using them for years and years. Why? Because they are so gosh-darned cute!
What You Need:
Small mason jars with lids. (avoid canning jars as they have two-piece lid assemblies)
A variety of colorful plastic beads to emulate cupcake sprinkles.
Tube of silicone caulk and caulking gun.
Treats to fill completed jars.
What You Do:
1) Remove the lids from the mason jars.
2) Trim the end of the caulk open and insert it into the caulking gun. Run a test bead on cardboard to ensure the gun is working properly.
3) Start at the outside edge and begin adding a layer of the caulk. Gradually reduce the circumference until it resembles the frosted top of a cupcake.
4) Sprinkle liberally with the colored beads while the silicone caulk is still wet.
5) Add a topper such as an artificial cherry, a bell or even an angel statuette.
6) Complete one at a time until you have the correct number of jar lids done. Allow the silicone a few hours to dry.
7) Fill the jars with treats and they are ready to go!