diy key wind chime
Do you have a lot of extra keys, but no wind chime? Well now you can have a wind chime made from all those pesky little keys. It’s colorful, musical and easy to create! Grab your extra keys, a stick and let’s get started.
What You Need:
6-8 metal keys
Colorful craft paints
A small tree branch of about 2-inch diameter and 18-inches long.
Hanging basket hook
What You Do:
1) Mentally divide the branch into equal sections for the amount of keys you have. Alternate painting each section with a different color of paint.
2) Paint the keys in colors that match the sections you have painted on the branch. Let these dry.
3) Tie a piece of twine to each section of branch where the color changes.
4) Measure out 8-inches and trim. Tie a key to the end of each piece of twine.
5) Cut another piece of twine that is 12-inches. Attach one end to the basket hook and the other to the center of the branch. Hang the wind chime up.
6) Finish by painting the pieces of twine that run from the branch to the keys.