DIY Garden Planter & Birds Bath – Home Stories A to Z thread pots on rebar fill and plant top last pot with birdbath
Limited on garden space? How about making the birds happy as well as being able to plant something in one square feet of space? This bird bath garden planter is just the ticket for those that love nature, but have very little room to work with. All you need is one square foot of soil to drive a piece of rebar into the ground and hang your planters.
What You Need:
A 4-foot length of rebar
5 medium sized plastic garden pots
What You Do:
1) Pound the rebar down into the soil until it is straight and stands solid.
2) Slide the first plastic gardening pot over the rebar through the center drain hole. Lean it to one side and fill with potting soil.
3) Slide the second pot over and lean it the opposite direction and fill with potting soil.
4) Continue on in the same pattern until you reach the top of the rebar with the final garden pot. Lean it slightly and seal up the opening with the silicone caulk. Let it dry.
5) Add water to the top container for the birds to enjoy and plant flowers in the rest.