DIY Dresser Upcycled to a TV Console : Before and After
Have you run across an old dresser that just too cute to toss out. It can be useful, even if it’s missing a drawer or two. Step out from the drab and make a T.V. console that’s extraordinary. A little brightly colored paint and some thin plywood is all you need to make a stylish statement that comes through as clear as your television reception.
What You Need:
1 old dresser
180-grit sand paper
1 sheet of ½-inch plywood
Screws and screwdriver
Colorful latex paint
What You Do:
1) Remove the top drawers from the dresser. Remove the hardware from the remaining drawers and sand the entire surface.
2) Measure and cut plywood pieces to fit onto the area of the base of the missing top drawers.
3) Use a screwdriver and screws to attach the pieces of plywood securely.
4) Paint the surface of the dresser with the latex paint of your choice. Allow it to completely dry and add a second coat if desired. Let the paint cure for 24-hours.
5) Re-attach the hardware to the drawers.
6) Place the T.V. on top and use the newly made top shelving to hold DVD players, DVR’s and channel guides.