Rooms with a lot of windows give the appearance of more space. You can actually achieve this effect without the huge expense of knocking out walls and adding windows. Give the illusion of full length windows with the strategic placement of curtains. This project is easier than you can imagine and the change is dramatic.
Here’s what you need:
1 pine board that is 10’ X 4” X 1” (you can adjust length for the desired length)
4 curtain panels of desired length that are 3-feet wide. (Mix solid colors and patterns for a dramatic effect)
10’ X 8” length of material to cover the pine board. Match the color or print to the curtains.
Staple gun and staples
2- 5’ curtain rods and hardware
6 small angle braces and screws
Here’s what you do:
1) Place the material over the pine board and staple the ends neatly to the back.
2) Add the two curtain rod holders to the back of the board using the hardware supplied.
3) Screw the angle braces to the top of the pine board. The top of the angle should point towards the window and fit flush against the ceiling.
4) Screw the board up to the ceiling using the angle braces.
5) Add 2 of the curtain panels per rod and fix into place. Step back and admire the finished product.