Art Print Glitter Geometric Arrows Archival by ScissorsPaperMouse, $14.00
A glitter geometric arrow design art print looks great on any wall. The color choices are nearly endless. A little paper mache, glue, glitter, poster board and frame are all you need to make this yourself. It’s easy to adjust size and decorate any room in your home or office.
What You Need:
1 large white poster board
Various colored sheets of paper mache
What You Do:
1) Measure and mark two 8” X 10” squares on the poster board and cut the out using sharp scissors.
2) Place both squares in front of you with the 8” side as the bottom. Measure and mark every two inches on the left and right sides of each square.
3) Draw a line from top to bottom on the center of both squares using the ruler.
4) Measure and mark every two inches along the center line.
5) Set the ruler from the top of the center line and angle it down to the mark that is 2-inches from the top on both sides. Continue down on both sides, dropping 2-inches lower. You will end up with perfect arrow formation.
6) Cut out one of the complete arrow shapes from the second square and toss the remainder of that square away. This will be your pattern for marking and cutting the paper mache.
7) Leave the open areas at the top white and the center area on the bottom. You will need to erase the center line there if you plan to leave it white.
8) Pick the 3 colors of paper mache you want to use. Spread them out on a table and mark off an arrow area using the pencil and the pattern.
9) Cut them out and set them to the side.
10) Decide which arrow area on the print square that you want to apply the glitter. Add a layer of glue and sprinkle the glitter liberally and let dry. Shake any loose glitter off before proceeding.
11) Apply glue to the paper mache pieces and place them in their desired location. Let dry for a few hours.
12) Frame the finished piece and enjoy!