St. Patrick’s Day sweet “potatoes” recipe ~ Do you celebrate St. Patrick ’s Day? Do you go all out when it comes to decorating? You turn everything green in your home and even make green food and green beverages. If this is the case, then you may want to learn how to make a St. Patrick’s day sweet potato recipe.
It isn’t as hard as one may think. Of course, there are literally thousands of sweet potato recipes on the internet, but we are going to talk about one that is rather simple, even the most novice cook could accomplish this recipe.
A paper bag
A green stamp
Knife or French fry cutter
Oven or deep fat fryer
- Wash your sweet potatoes making sure to remove all dirt and debris.
- Preheat your deep fat fryer or grease in a large pan on your stovetop.
- Cut your sweet potatoes into French fry slices using either a knife or a French fry cutter. If you are using a knife, you will want to cut them in half, and then turn its side and cut in half again. You will four pieces of sweet potato.
- Lay the pieces of sweet potato down on your cutting board, and then slice into the thickness you prefer for French fries.
- Place a handful of cut sweet potato French fries in the preheated oil. Cook until the outside is crisp.
- Remove from oil and set on a paper towel. This step will absorb the extra grease.
- Sprinkle with seasonings of your choice. I prefer Cajun, and sea salt.
- Decorate your paper bag with your stamp and green ink, and serve!