S Snake! Parents and teachers alike are constantly looking for craft projects for children to make. Children of course make traditional craft projects such as coloring; finger-painting, etc. Spring is here, so why not have your children create this cute little snake for S. This can also be used to teach children the alphabet!
Here’s how to you do it:
• Trace the letter “S” on green construction paper. Make sure to use as much of the construction paper.
• Cut out the “S” from the green construction paper using a sharp pair of scissors and set it aside.
• Cut out a little “Y” for red felt using the same pair of scissors.
• Cutout squares and stars in a variety of different colored construction paper.
• Decorate a few of the squares and stars that you cut out of the colored construction paper using markers.
• At the top portion of the “S” glue to put googly eyes. These can be purchased at your local craft store or dollar store.
• Turn the “S” backwards and directly below where you glued the eyes on the front side, glue the little “Y” to reassemble a tongue.
• Turn your snake the correct way again and decorate the body and with a variety of the colored construction paper shapes you cut out by gluing them along the spine.