Old jeans, new storage boxes! It seems that everyone has a closet full of jeans that don’t fit, but have worn patches and spots that make it impossible to donate. It’s a waste to throw them out, but now you don’t have to! Here is a craft that can be done by grown-ups and kids alike. Take old jeans and create storage boxes out of them. How, you ask?
Just like this:
1) Grab an old pair of jeans and cut off both legs between 9-12-inches from the bottom. The longer the piece, the deeper the storage box will be.
2) Turn them inside out and run a straight stitch along the bottom of the cut ends.
3) Open up the sewn up area and fold down the corners into a triangle, like the picture above. Sew each side with a straight stitch.
4) Turn it right-side out and determine whether you want to add trim or decorations. You can easily sew on a tassel-fringe, add flowers, bead, buttons or many other unique items.
5) Fill each storage box with yarns, sewing items, nail polish, school supplies and any small items that you want to keep rounded up. There is an unending list of uses for these easy to make storage boxes!