Make your own coasters- 4×4 tiles ($.16 Home Depot); 4×4 scrapbook paper; adhere to tile with Mod Podge and let dry; Spray a coat of clear spray paint and let dry; attach felt pads to the bottom. Great Christmas gift idea!
Here is the perfect project for you if you’re wanting to create something as a fantastic holiday gift! It takes very little time and materials and the results can be stunning. Design and make coasters that are personalized for those you love. Here’s how you do it:
Things you need:
Colorful Scrapbook Paper
4X4 Tiles (pennies a piece from any home improvement center)
Thin Felt Matting
Clear Coat Spray
1) Decide how many coasters you want to make and choose the appropriate number of scrapbook papers you’ll need. You can mix and match design and colors.
2) Measure and mark the scrapbook paper to the number of 4-inch by 4-inch squares you need.
3) Cut the squares out using the scissors and set them aside.
4) Measure out 4 squares of felt pad per coaster that are 1-inch by 1-inch. Set them aside.
5) Apply the Mod Podge to the back of the scrapbook paper and adhere it to the top surface of the tile. Allow it to dry completely before the next step.
6) Spray the surface evenly with clear coat and let it dry.
7) Adhere the felt pads to each bottom corner of the coasters using Mod Podge. Let it dry and they are ready to use.