Finding out that you’re pregnant typically is an exciting time for many women. You go through nine months of pregnancy, watching your stomach get bigger and bigger, and eventually feeling the baby kick for the first time. Before you know it, you’re holding your precious bundle in your hands! Years may pass, and you look back on those precious days are be gone forever. Creating a sign like this will always remind you of your special gift.
Many of us have spare 2 x 4s we have no use for – why not turn one of them into this precious sign for parents!
1) Sand the 2 x 4 with fine grit sandpaper.
2) Paint the entire 2 x 4 in a chocolate brown gloss paint using a high-quality paint brush.
3) Allow the brown paint to thoroughly dry before moving onto the next step.
4) Mark the very edges of the 2 x 4 with painters tape leaving approximately 1/8 of an inch.
5) Paint the very edge of the 2 x 4 (the 1/8 of an inch that you left in the previous step) with a cream-colored paint and your paint brush.
6) Apply a second coat of paint to the outer edge of the 2 x 4.
7) Using alphabet stencils, cut out the words “your first breath took ours away” and tape these on the 2 x 4 centered and even.
8) Paint inside the stencils with the same cream-colored paint you used to paint the outer edge of the 2 x 4 sign.
9) Allow the paint to dry and carefully remove the tape at the stencils.