I scream. You scream. We all scream for ice cream, right! If you haven’t heard this saying before, then you must be living under a rock! Who in the world doesn’t love ice cream? Making homemade ice cream does not require an expensive ice cream maker. Did you know that you can make delicious ice cream at home simply by using a Ziploc baggie?
Don’t forget to get your children or grandchildren involved in making homemade ice cream as they will love to do this as well as eat something they made themselves!
So how do you do this? Well, it’s a lot simpler than you may think!
1) Measure 1/2 cup of half-and-half (if you don’t have half-and-half on hand you can substitute with milk) and pour into a small Ziploc bag.
2) Measure 1 tablespoon of sugar and add to the Ziploc bag.
3) Measure 1 teaspoon of vanilla and add to the Ziploc bag.
4) Place the small Ziploc bag inside a 1-gallon Ziploc bag, and fill the large Ziploc bag with ice and salt.
5) Shake the bag for 5 min. or until your ingredients turn in to ice cream. Children love this part!
6) Serve and enjoy!