Do you love candles? Do you hate throwing away the glass containers that your candles come in? Have you tried to remove wax from a glass container before only to be left with little bits of residue or a greasy surface? If you have said yes to any of these questions, then this tutorial is for you!
Removing wax from glass is actually pretty simple. There is a large variety of ways that people use to remove wax from glass, and some of them are more complicated than others. If you follow this tutorial, you will be left with an amazingly clean glass container.
1) Grab an old knife and make cuts in the leftover wax in the glass container.
2) Boil water and carefully dump it in the glass container filling it to the top. Once you do this you will notice that the leftover wax immediately liquefies, and it will float to the surface.
3) Let the liquefied wax cool and harden for approximately 15 min., once the wax is cool enough remove it using your fingers.
4) If you notice that there is a little bit of wax still stuck at the bottom of the glass container simply slice the wax again using your knife.
5) Boil more water, and refill the glass container one more time. Allow the water to sit in the glass container for approximately 5 min.
6) Dump out the water, and clean the glass container with a dry, clean paper towel.