Fun Foods / shorts sweet-cuppin-cakes! Are you looking forward to an adorable cupcake recipe to kick off spring and say good-bye to winter? Of course, not long ago the turtle movie was a huge hit among small children, so why not use that to make these cute little sweet-cuppin-cakes?
• Sour Peach Gummi Rings candies
• Gumdrop candies (both red and green)
• Spearmint leaves candies
• Mini-chocolate chips
1. Frost cooled cupcakes with your frosting.
2. Slice off the bottom of a half of one of the gumdrops and discard them. Do this for each cupcake that you are making.
3. Grab a gummi ring and place one sliced gumdrop top on the center of it to create a turtles shell.
4. Place the turtle shell on top of the cupcake gently pressing it down so that it sticks.
5. Create the fins by slicing one Spearmint leaf in half. Cut each half of the Spearmint leaf in half again using an oval cookie cutter
6. Place the outter pieces of the leaves on the cupcake making the front fins.
7. Place the inner pieces of the leaves on the cupcake making the back fins.
8. Poke holes in the sides of a green gumdrop using a toothpick to create the head for the turtle.
9. Place a dab of white frosting on the holes you poked and insert a mini chocolate chip to create to the eyes.
10. Place the head of the turtle on the cupcake accordingly.