Spring is almost here and what better way to celebrate than crocheting colorful mini baskets! Use them to store little items, as home décor or even to hand out tasty Easter treats. The project is simple and requires only basic crochet skill. Using the basic pattern, you can adjust handle width, height of basket and get as colorful as you wish. Standard yarn and a 5mm hook are the items needed. You can try your hand at crocheting flowers and all types of add-ons to add later if you wish. Get crafty and bring on spring!
Here’s how you make a mini basket:
1) CH 4 and join them together to make a circle.
2) SC 8 ST inside the circle.
3) SC 2 in every previous SC. This will be a total of 16 SC STs.
4) SC 2 in the previous SC STs for this round. It makes a total of 24 SC STs.
5) SC 2 in the previous SC STs for each continuous round until the desired basket height is reached. The process doubles your SC ST totals each round.
6) Create a handle by doing 16 CH, add rows to widen the handle. Attach it by centering to the 12th SC form the CH and using SL STs. Secure it and weave in the extra. Turn it right-side-out and you have a finished basket. Add any extra decorations you wish.