Little stands and tables are great, but how cute is a sturdy item to display things covered in hand-painted canvas? It’s easy to decorate, easy to move from one location to another and inexpensive to make. It’s a do-it-yourself craft that you’ll be proud of for years to come. Follow the steps below to make it yourself:
What you need:
15-feet of canvas material (to create a 1-foot by 18-inch rectangular cushion)
one 1-foot by 18-inch square foam cushion from any craft store
1) Measure out 4 lengths of canvas that are 12 and 1/4-inches wide and 30 1/4-inches long.
2) Mark a spot on each canvas that is 1-foot from the top and bottom edge on both sides. Mark a spot directly center of both the top and bottom edge. Mark a straight edge line that goes from the side spots to the top and bottom spots.
3) Cut along the lines to produce the tapered edges you need for the top and bottom of the cube design you’ll sew.
4) Pick the design you wish to stencil on each side, mark off the pattern and paint the desired color. Set them aside to dry.
5) Pin the 4 sides together, starting with the tapered ends at the bottom and begin sewing. Be sure to keep the 1/8-inch seam and painted sides to the outside.
6) Stop sewing once you reach the top tapered ends. Stuff with the cushion cube.
7) Close off and sew the remainder by hand.