How often do you open your dishwasher only to be left scratching your head wondering if your dishes are clean or dirty? The only way to truly tell is to remove a dish and look at it. How annoying is that? Of course, you can go to any store and buy a dishwasher magnet, but they aren’t as cute as the one you can make yourself.
This dishwasher magnet is made out of Scrabble tiles, a magnet strip and glue. No you do not have to ruin your game of Scrabble that you play with your family and friends. If tiles are the missing, then you’re all set, but if you have a full game of Scrabble try looking at garage sales or thrift stores for a game that you can buy for a dollar or under.
1) Go through your Scrabble tiles and remove enough tiles to make the word “dirty” as well is the word “clean.” Set these aside.
2) Start arranging your Scrabble tiles so that they create the word “dirty.”
3) Glue the tiles together, one at a time, following the edges. Allow the glue to dry thoroughly.
4) Take the tiles that you glued together to create the word “dirty” and flip them upside down as if you’re looking in a mirror.
5) Line up the tiles so that they create the word “clean.” The “C” will symmetrically line up with the “Y” in the word “dirty” and so on.
6) As you did in a previous step, remove one tile at a time carefully gluing them altogether.
7) Flip the entire Scrabble tile magnet for your dishwasher over.
8) Cut a piece of the magnetic strip to the exact size of the tiles. Attach the magnetic strip to the back of the tiles with glue and allow it to dry.