Daisy Grannies on Ravelry! Crocheted granny squares are one of the easiest building blocks for blankets. Here is a nifty pattern for granny squares with gorgeous daisies! Imagine creating a beautiful throw or baby blanket with the brilliant flowered design. Follow the steps below for a quick granny daisy square:
- Row 1: Use yellow yarn and CH 4, join in a circle using a SL ST. Add SC, CH 4 for a repeat of 8 times
- Row 2: Use white yarn in any of the CH 4 loops. Add SL ST, CH 3, TR 2, CH 3, SL ST, CH 1. Repeat this around.
- Row 3: Use blue with a SC in CH space between the petals. Add CH 4,
SC in every CH 1 area between petals, finish with SL ST into the
top of the 1st SC. Push white petals to the front of the blue loops.
- Row 4: SL ST into the next blue CH 4 loop. CH 3, DC 2, CH 2, DC 3, in the same loop. Add DC 3 in next loop, add DC 3, CH 2, DC 3, repeat around. (create 4 corners with 4 DC 3 groupings between) Finish off with blue.
- Row 5-6: Use blue yarn, start at a corner and add CH 3, DC 2, CH 2 DC 3. Add DC 3 groups in every space between the DC 3 groupings of the previous row. Work all the way to the next corner. Corner is DC 3, CH 2, DC 3. Repeat and finish the row. SL ST in the corner and repeat for row 6. Add as many rows as you need to create the size of square desired. Weave in all loose ends.