How many homes have left-over water bottles that either get thrown away or recycled? If you happen to be one of the people that toss your water bottles in the trash, but you love baking, why not repurpose them and use them as cute little cupcake holders? These cupcake holders work well if you need to transport cupcakes.
1) Using a utility knife or sharp pair of scissors, cut the top off of each water bottle that you will be using to create a cupcake holder.
2) Place the water bottle upside down on a piece of sturdy cardboard.
3) On the cardboard, trace around the water bottle using a pencil or pen. Repeat for each cute holder you want to make.
4) Cut out each circle from the cardboard and set aside. This will be the bottom of your holder.
5) Place a cupcake in the center of the cardboard circle.
6) Cover the cupcake with the cut water bottle.
7) Attach the water bottle to the cardboard bottom using decorative masking tape.
Next time your children have to bring a treat to school for the classroom, or you want to surprise coworkers why not create these cute little cupcake holders? Of course to transport these cupcakes, you may want to place them in a box.