Decorating a home in a beach house theme requires that you follow a few simple rules. It’s important to remember that beach house décor brings in the colors of the ocean as well as the colors found in nature. Typically beach house homes are either decorated in pastel colors or vibrant colors, of course you can mix and match if you prefer.
Below we will list a few tips to keep in mind when decorating:
- Mix vibrant colors, patterns and flowers everywhere in your home. Incorporate both artificial flowers as well as live flowers.
- Bring in as much sunlight in your home as possible. Do not use lined-drapes.
- Use a colorful tablecloth as well as cushion covers for your dining room table.
- Create a reading spot under your living room window.
- Decorate your bedroom in bold colors.
- Include boats, shells and coral throughout your home. Try to select pieces of different sizes to add to the theme.
- Paint or stencil blue whales or dolphins in hidden areas of the home, for example the back wall of a pantry closet.
- A beach-themed home would not be complete without outdoor furniture. Select oversized outdoor furniture that includes a table with umbrella and chairs.