ARTASTIC! Miss Oetken’s Artists: Kinders and Reindeer on a snowy night! The nights turn colder; the days get shorter. What does this typically mean? Christmas and winter are right around the corner. During the winter holidays, crafts are a big part of school and home activities. Here is an easy reindeer picture to make with your children right at home, using their very own hands. This ensures you have a variety of sizes of reindeer.
1. Have each child pick out their own background color from construction paper.
2. Gather your supplies – you will need scissors, chalk, markers, and glue.
3. Have each child trace his or her hand using brown or tan construction paper, and then cut it out
4. Have each child cut out a tree using green construction paper. This is easy if you have small children, simply draw a long triangle.
5. Turn the “hand” that each child cut out upside down and glue it on the construction paper towards the right side. The thumb will become the head of the reindeer, and the finger will become the legs.
6. Have each child glue the “tree” on the left side of the construction paper.
7. Finally, have each child decorate his or her reindeer, tree and background using markers and chalk.