Antique Wooden Chalkboard – Created from Salvaged Rocking Chair by KnickofTime – So you found an awesome antique rocking chair, but find it’s impossible to restore it to it’s original glory? Here’s a little project that might breathe new life into that old chair. Create a rustic and aged looking chalkboard to jot notes and lists on. It’s one of the most inexpensive projects you can do and looks great at home or the office.
Here’s how to make it:
1) Either pull the back of the chair from the seat portion, or take a small hacksaw and saw through the brace pieces.
2) Remove 2-3 back slats to make room to attach a chalkboard. Simply saw them loose and sand the are smooth.
3) Measure the area for the chalkboard. You will be attaching it to the back, so determine the width needed to the center of each back slat you will attach it to.
4) Purchase the size chalkboard you need at an office supply or home improvement center. Find one that has a simple wood frame.
5) Use a series of self-tapping wood screws to attach the framed chalkboard to the back of the chair between the back slats.
6) Find a useful spot to place it so that it can be used. Add some chalk and an eraser, of course.